Home > Backyard Bass >
Backyard Bass is the fun way to learn how to cast right in your own backyard.
- Makes learning to cast fun and easy
- For students of all ages
- Popular with angler educators, clubs, school, and families
- Colors may include blue, orange, yellow and green
- Call for bulk order pricing
|Ship Method: ||
In Stock - ships in 1-2 bus. days|
Backyard Bass makes learning to cast fun. Endorsed by the Future Fisherman Foundation, Backyard Bass are plastic casting targets shaped like fish that are used to teach casting techniques and improve casting accuracy. To use, simply place the Backyard Bass on the ground or float them in a
pond and start casting. Snag one of the fish with your casting plug and
reel it in -- just like real fishing! See Backyard Bass in action.
Backyard Bass are used by:
- Angler educators
- Clubs and organizations
- Parents and Families
Some ways to use the Backyard Bass
- Place each Backyard Bass at different distances from you. See how long it takes to reel in all three fish!
Assign a point value to each fish and see how many points you can earn.
Place a fish behind an obstacle: a bucket, rock, or chair-then try to catch it!
Two or More Players
- B-A-S-S: Place the Backyard Bass around the yard and take turns trying to catch a fish. When one player catches a fish – the other player then has a chance to catch the same fish from the same location with one try. If he does, the game goes on; but if he doesn’t, he gets a letter, “B”. Keep going until someone spells BASS. The player with the fewest letters wins.
- Players assign a point value to each fish and cast to see who can accumulate the most points
- Each player chooses a fish and places it 15 feet away--see who can reel in their fish first!
Backyard Bass Videos
|Ironwood Pacific Shipping Rates |
Lower 48 US states
Call for Quote
At Ironwood Pacific Outdoors we strive to expedite all orders. Your order will typically be processed and ready for shipment within 1 to 2 business days.
Orders are typically shipped via FedEx Ground. Although occasionally, depending upon destination and weight, we may ship items via other means including US Mail. If you order multiple items, the contents of your order may ship in more than one box.
Our shipping rates to domestic customers in the continental United States (excludes Alaska and Hawaii) are based on the value of the order. The following table outlines our standard shipping rates.
For shipments to destinations outside the continental United States, we will be happy to provide you with a quote. Please complete our Shipping Quote Request form.
Typical FedEx Ground Transit Time for Products in Business Days
You won't be disappointed with this purchase! If you are an educator, the kids absolutely love these targets!
Green Bay Area Great Lakes Sport Fishermen
We 1st used this product at Cabel's at their kids day. We were so impressed we ordered the jumbo pak of backyard bass to use all of the kids events we put on, the next one this Sept. It's a great way to teach kids to cast while having some fun doing it.
Just a great product all around, the kids loved them and we had to keep an eye on adults to ensure the kids had a turn. I would definitely recommend and use this product at any event/party.
<p>I work with fishing programs and love these guys! They are perfect for teaching the kids about casting distance and accuracy. When reeling in, they are easy to slide, as long as they are on a tarp or slick surface. They don't do very well on rock or grass. Not all styles of casting plugs work in these, I have found the small 3/8 oz casting plugs that are a teardrop and hexagon shape work the best! They are a very durable set.</p>
<p>My two granddaughters ages 8 and 10 did not know how to cast. They are both now doing well, not perfect, but well after an hour or two.
They were both having so much fun playing a game they did not realize I was teaching them the fundamentals of casting. I know they are going to ask to play Backyard Bass again when they come to gramps to visit.</p>