Backyard Bass Resources
Backyard Bass are designed to make learning to cast fun and easy. The Backyard Bass casting games are ideal for kids ages 6 and up, families, angler educators, fishing programs, youth camps, PE programs and youth organizations.
Single Player Suggestions:
- Place each Backyard Bass at different distances from you. See how long it takes you to reel them all in. Assign points to the different colors and see how many points you can accumulate in ten minutes of casting.
Two or Three Player Suggestions:
- B-A-S-S: The Backyard Bass are placed around the yard and players take turns trying to catch a fish. When one player catches a fish the other players try to catch the fish from the same location in one cast. If the other players don’t catch the fish they each get a B. Players take turns casting for fish until one player gets all the letters to spell B-A-S-S. The player at the end with the fewest letters wins.
- Fishing Derby: Players can assign point values to each color fish. They place the Backyard Bass around the casting area and begin casting for them. The player with the most points at the end of 5 minutes wins.
- Race: Place the Backyard Bass equal distance from each player. The first player to reel in a fish wins.
- Take it a step further: Stick images of local fish with measurements on the back of each Backyard Bass. Students can then identify what they’ve caught. Is it a keeper?
Remember – Always practice safe casting!!
If you find you have additional questions, please visit our backyardbass.com website for more information or contact us.