Backyard Bass Educator Starter Set
Backyard Bass makes learning to cast fun. Endorsed by the Future Fisherman Foundation, Backyard Bass are plastic casting targets shaped like fish that are used to teach casting techniques and improve casting accuracy. Visit BackyardBass.com for tips and ideas on integrating the Backyard Bass into your program.
The Backyard Bass Educator Starter Set includes 20 casting plugs and 16 fish in blue, orange, yellow and green. Custom colors are available for quantities of more 300 fish. Backyard Bass are also sold in sets of 3 fish and 2 casting plugs, or individually.
Backyard Bass Are Used By
- Angler educators
- Clubs and organizations
Parents and Families
Ways To Use The Backyard Bass
- Place each Backyard Bass at different distances from you. See how long it takes to reel in all three fish!
Assign a point value to each fish and see how many points you can earn.
Place a fish behind an obstacle: a bucket, rock, or chair-then try to catch it!
Two or More Players
B-A-S-S: Place the Backyard Bass around the yard and take turns trying to catch a fish. When one player catches a fish – the other player then has a chance to catch the same fish from the same location with one try. If he does, the game goes on; but if he doesn’t, he gets a letter, “B”. Keep going until someone spells BASS. The player with the fewest letters wins.
Players assign a point value to each fish and cast to see who can accumulate the most points.
Each player chooses a fish and places it 15 feet away--see who can reel in their fish first!
Backyard Bass Resources
Backyard Bass are designed to make learning to cast fun and easy. The Backyard Bass casting games are ideal for kids ages 6 and up, families, angler educators, fishing programs, youth camps, PE programs and youth organizations.
Single Player Suggestions:
- Place each Backyard Bass at different distances from you. See how long it takes you to reel them all in. Assign points to the different colors and see how many points you can accumulate in ten minutes of casting.
Two or Three Player Suggestions:
- B-A-S-S: The Backyard Bass are placed around the yard and players take turns trying to catch a fish. When one player catches a fish the other players try to catch the fish from the same location in one cast. If the other players don’t catch the fish they each get a B. Players take turns casting for fish until one player gets all the letters to spell B-A-S-S. The player at the end with the fewest letters wins.
- Fishing Derby: Players can assign point values to each color fish. They place the Backyard Bass around the casting area and begin casting for them. The player with the most points at the end of 5 minutes wins.
- Race: Place the Backyard Bass equal distance from each player. The first player to reel in a fish wins.
- Take it a step further: Stick images of local fish with measurements on the back of each Backyard Bass. Students can then identify what they’ve caught. Is it a keeper?
Remember – Always practice safe casting!!
If you find you have additional questions, please visit our backyardbass.com website for more information or contact us.
We offer free shipping on all orders within the Continental United States. Items purchased through the Ironwood Pacific website are typically processed and ready for shipment within 1-2 business days. During the summer months (or right before a holiday) this could change to 3-4 processing days. Please call to confirm current lead times before placing your order.
For orders within the lower 48 states, we ship with either FedEx or USPS ground. Please call for available express options and applicable shipping charges. There is no sales tax in Oregon, so we do not charge sales tax on U.S. orders, regardless of your destination.
For shipments to destinations outside the continental United States, we will be happy to provide you with a quote. Please complete our Shipping Quote Request form.
Typical FedEx Ground Transit Time for Products in Business Days
4.98 stars, based on 41
Overall Customer Rating of 41 Reviews: